Making websites accessible means building them in such a way that everyone can read and interact with them, including people with disabilities. Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Texas Administrative Code Chapters 206 and 213 provide standards for state website accessibility.
The Section 508 standards are currently being reviewed and updated to align with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Standard. See the Proposed Section 508 Standards Update.
All HHS agency websites, including all online forms and documents, must comply with state, federal, and HHS Electronic and Information Resources (EIR) Accessibility requirements. Texas Health and Human Services agencies are also bound by the HHS Electronic and Information Resources (EIR) Accessibility Policy .
State & Federal
- Texas Administrative Code 206
- Texas Administrative Code 213
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Page Reviewed/Updated: 9/12/2013
- Spanish Translation Information
- Department of Information Resources (DIR)
- EIR Accessibility Contacts
- HHS 570 EIR Accessibility Exception Request
- HHS 570 Instructions
- HHSE 570 Enterprise EIR Accessibility Exception Request
- HHSE 570 Instructions