Procurement and Contracts for Electronic and Information Resources
When purchasing electronic and information resources, procurement processes follow customary procurement requirements. However, there are additional accessibility requirements. HHS agencies must:
- purchase assessable electronic and information resources, unless the Executive Commissioner or the HHS agency commissioner approves an exception;
- include accessibility requirements when developing specifications for electronic and information resource purchases;
- include an HHS system uniform accessibility clause in solicitations; and
- monitor to assure goods and services meet accessibility standards.
- HHS Uniform EIR Accessibility Clause
- Procurement FAQ
- Additional accessibility policies for contracting and procurement of electronic and information resources are found in Chapter 10 HHS accessibility policy and procedures.
- Procuring Accessible Products and Services or Procuring Accessible Products and Services (HTML)
Page Reviewed/Updated: 8/19/2014